Deciding whether or not to use a real estate agent once you buy or sell the next home is a question that you may have asked yourself in past times. If you are uncertain if it would be beneficial to use a AGENT, maybe this article can help.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and distributed by the National Association of Realtors shows that For Sale By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the common FSBO listing sold for $150,000 as the average real estate agent assisted home sold for $215,000. While many people think that they can save money and time by selling the home on their own, this is often not the case. In addition they usually don’t always understand the trials that come along with selling their home FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
? Understanding the housing marketplace and listing their home at the right price.
? Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling everything out.
? Having enough time to spend on all aspects of the sale. This might be marketing the home, showing the home, giving an answer to phone calls and emails concerning the home, etc.
? Determining whether they should spend extra money to prepare or fix up the house.
? Selling the home inside a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a home is typically the biggest investment most people can make in their lives. Whether you’re investing in a new home or selling your existing home, an agent can help protect your interests and potentially save you a substantial amount of money. We have compiled a listing of benefits for both the homebuyer and seller.
Reasons To Use A AGENT When Buying A Home
1. A home buyer is normally not required to pay the true estate agent. When a real estate agent represents a house buyer on a purchase of a home, the commission earned by that agent is purchased by the seller of the home. The commission is taken out of the sales price.
2. Real estate agents get access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS is really a serviced provide to agent that gives them probably the most up today information on homes that are accessible in your area.
This service is not open to everyone. With the MLS an agent can find out information regarding the home like, taxes, just how long it has been listed, price changes, special features on the home etc.
3. Agents have knowledge about the area. A real estate agent will be able to tell you about the neighborhood, schools, activities, recreational areas, etc. that are available in the areas you are looking to purchase.
4. Agents learn how to negotiate with the seller on your behalf. Negotiating the price of a house can often get very difficult. In today’s market it isn’t uncommon to require closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranties, or inspections. Often realtors are able to negotiate items in the house like washers/dryers, refrigerators, or furniture in to the sale of the house. Your realtors job is to be sure to get the best deal.
5. Agents keep the deal going. Once your offer has been accepted you’ll have a lot of tasks that need to be completed in a short period of time. Your agent will help you keep track and orchestrate all the tasks required in the buying process.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent is worth the commission. As soon as you actually consider everything your agent will do for you personally from the time they list the house to enough time it sells, the commission paid to that agent is normally money well spent. Often times an agent should be able to help you get your home sold much faster and for additional money than you could have all on your own.
2. Agents understand the current housing market. Choose an agent that lives locally. old fort bay bahamas This agent will understand the neighborhood, home values, benefits of the region, and the local competition.
3. Agents know how to sell your home. That is their job, and just like any other job if they don’t execute a good job they get fired. A real estate agent is a professional and should know what they are doing. It is often a good idea to get an agents background prior to permitting them to sell your home. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in this market. Their job is to attract buyers and sell the house.
4. Agents know what will make houses sell. Your agent will be able to give you suggestions about what could possibly be done to the home to get it sold quicker. Anything from staging the house to making minor repairs or upgrades.